Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Thursday, January 28, 2016

What I Think about C.K.'s Shoe Store...


If you have been reading my last post, you will know I'm talking about Frontrunners Nanaimo.  If you are new to the blog, read on.

Before the C.K. incident my impression of that store was that they expect you to buy on every visit to the store.  If you don't buy after a couple of visits, you are looked upon as a waste of time or a possible shoplifter.  As you can see with my blog, I have a tremendous passion for (athletic) footwear and I was able to get past that negative vibe.  I took me a while to buy something from them because their prices were quite high...and I didn't really need their merchandise.  Anything I'd buy from that store would be extravagant  I ended up buying from that store when I actually needed something or they had a sale on something that I wanted.  That's my take on that store.

I've also talked to 2 other customers about that store.  One said that if you don't buy something, you're a waste of their time.  The other person said that they put pressure on you to buy and that the staff members have a bit of a personality.  I'm going to be forthcoming and say that he's right.  Most of them do have egos.  When you walk in there, they seem to pat themselves on each others' backs, making it feel like they're "better" than you.

I'd have to say C.K. is the kingpin of all egos.  I don't like the way she works with her co-workers.  One example was when she tried telling her co-worker how to merchandise.  C.K. only works 4 hours/wk.  Is she the boss?  I didn't think there was anything wrong with how her co-worker was going to put out the apparel merchandise.  She's very manipulative and controlling.  That's the sense I've gotten from her at that time.

Now my biggest complaint about the store was my experience with C.K.  If you have been following my earlier posts you know all about it.  One day I went into the store just to buy a pair of shoes.  C.K. ruined my experience by scaring me from my hobby, even though the photo shooting wasn't done anywhere near her store.  Months later, she extended her Frontrunners job to her spin class at our gym by saying:  "Remember what we've talked about at Frontrunners?"

Rather than reiterating my story in full over and over, please refer to this posting for details.

Frontrunners' clerks, esp. C.K. can say all they want about shopping at their store b/c they have "better" customer service all they want.  However, part of good customer service is to not make your customers feel uncomfortable and C.K. should mind her own business by not getting her nose dirty.

I'm boycotting Frontrunners and certainly won't refer people to that store or any Frontrunners stores that make me feel uncomfortable.  Shoes are very expensive there too!  The shoe market so saturated that you can get the same shoes for less if you shop around and know when to shop for them.  I expand on my thoughts here.
Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!