Google Analytics

Twitter

Incognito

Random Posts

2015 Toronto Sneaker Show

Carmella Jordan's

Golden State Warrior Sneaker-Filled Facility

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wtf? Arthur Wears Girl Shoes??


Shhh!!  I don't want anyone to hear my girl footsteps.  My masculine image is at stake.  Just kidding.  I'm posting this article to demonstrate what shoes we are "allowed" to wear is all a matter of perspective.

In acknowledgement of another milestone (two actually), I wanted to save this quirky article for my 100th post.  I'm proud to say this blog has reached and surpassed the 2500 view mark just before the Black Friday weekend.


Women's Mizuno Wave Propehcy 3 (Purple)

I really hesitated buying these at first b/c I couldn't justify paying so much to not wear them.  I'm a shoe collector for those of you who don't know.  Somehow, I took at chance and I'm glad I did.  Although the light blue on the purple would still hint that these were design with the women in mind, they don't not look as feminine through the naked eye as it does on the company's website.


I can understand why these shoes are slow movers compared to other colourways.  The shoes aren't feminine enough and men don't usually like wearing purple, especially shoes using light blue as the trim colour.  However, I had a solution in mind.


If I were to wear these alone with my casual clothing, the girl part of the shoe would stand out more.  When worn with matching colour apparel, I think the shoes look pretty sharp on me.


I think I passed my masculinity test with the first collage so I took the ultimate challenge when I accidently stumbled upon this template.  Nothing short of being curious, I just wanted to see what a heart-shaped collage would look like, esp. with me wearing "girl" shoes.  The key was the border colour.  I knew if I messed this one up, this collage wouldn't work.  Light blue would blend in but doesn't properly respresent how I feel about these shoes.  I lighter shade of purple didn't work b/c it would only add to the feminine vibe.  Finally, I decided on a darker shade of purple.  To me, this was the only colour that wouldn't feminize me and yet, marries into the colour scheme of my dress up.

Matching Purple Jacket??




Couple of week later, I stumbled upon this jacket.  It was a really nice jacket and it was purple for sure, but hey.  Arthur has his limits too.  I'm not impervious to self-consciousness.  I would consider this tone of purple to be solely worn by women.  I had to pass.


Keds CA

Enter your e-mail address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments :

Post a Comment

Remember to subscribe to my blog. Follow me by e-mail on the left-hand pane to know when I make new posts!!